Friday, July 23, 2010

Week 2

Tomorrow, baby will be two weeks old. At his doctor's appointment today, we found out:

1. He grew 2 inches

2. He weighs 1-2 ounces less than at birth

3. I am most likely letting him eat too long, which is resulting in:
a. gassiness, being too full, general unpleasant bowel functions for baby
b. me disliking feedings since they take so long
4. He ought to be looking towards light and startling at loud noises. I think loud noises actually soothe the baby (at least consistent ones like our AC in the bedroom).

Other items of note from the last week or so:

1. I got very sick on Sunday (fever, shakes, chills, etc.) and had to go to the ER where they performed multiple tests to determine that I have a urinary tract infection. It must be a bad one because I was wiped out for about 2 days: sweats, fevers, hot and cold spells, etc. I am now on antibiotics.

2. Mom left (shortly after taking me to the doctor on Monday).

3. Melissa (and Sherisa) came to visit us today! I hadn't seen Melissa for many many days (before getting married). It was wonderful to see and talk to her, especially since we used to spend probably hours talking on most days as room-roommates. Melissa now lives in New York City with her husband, Jim, in an apartment that supposedly could fit in our kitchen/dining area... but I had to remind her that she lives in NYC and we live in Springville down the road from sheep and cows (actually, more like horses. There used to be cows but then they moved). Each has its perks and downsides... small town, big city... house, apartment... baby, sleep...

Anyways, "Melissa, I've missed ya!"

I'm glad the week is ending on a better note than it started!

1 comment:

  1. I missed you too!! You are the most relaxed and put together new mother I have ever met!

    ReplyDelete