Monday, July 26, 2010

Sleep

You learn pretty quickly after having a baby that you must either adjust your schedule to fit his or forever be exhausted and miserable. Jamund, due to having a full time job, unfortunately must be exhausted and miserable much of the time.

I, on the other hand, am still exhausted mostly, but I'm getting better. I am now trying to go to bed when baby does (at least for his 3 main night sleeps), which results in my getting roughly 8 hours of sleep, albeit this sleep is interrupted roughly every 2-3 hours for about 40 minutes each time. It is amazing how your body adjusts, though, and how after putting the baby down for his morning nap, I somehow accomplish many things.

For example, in roughly 90 minutes this morning I:
-showered
-put in a load of laundry (and switched it)
-ate breakfast
-cleaned two bathrooms
-emptied some trash cans
-started the dishwasher
... okay, so maybe it doesn't seem like much, but it felt like a lot.

Today I am also attempting (thanks to rereading some of the Baby Wise book) to let baby cry a little bit when I try to get him to nap.... a more "hands off" approach that will hopefully enable him to get himself to go to sleep on his own. So far it has been successful...

This photo is in the midst of him dealing with a very active bowel system...
IMG_0287

Anyway, this is all boring parenting stuff, but that is what I do now.

IMG_0282

I just want to comment "Like Father, Like Son" for this one (Jamund is infamous for having his belly hanging out in many childhood photos).



1 comment:

  1. good for you! that sounds like quite a productive morning, and if anyone says otherwise, they've never had a baby!

    ReplyDelete