Friday, August 20, 2010

Happy

Jamund's work cancelled their summer BBQ/Party last night, so we went to In-N-Out because I hadn't planned to make a meal. We took baby (obviously) and set him on the table in his car seat. Let's just say that baby loved seeing his papa. He always loves seeing his papa, but I think he especially loved seeing his papa at a face to face level like this:

IMG_0411 IMG_0413IMG_0409

They were both all smiles.

I was feeling a little sad since baby usually cries at me. Mom is no fun since he sees me all the time and usually I am the one who lets him cry himself to sleep, etc. Papa plays, mama lays down the law.

However, this morning he had some happy tummy time with mommy:

IMG_0417 IMG_0416IMG_0419

p.s. Is this news story intriguing/freaking anyone else out? I am sort of obsessed by it; I kind of want to write a mystery novel about it... Jamund and I discussed possible theories last night. I bet the LAPD detectives assigned to the case are kind of pleased by the weirdness/uniqueness of it. If one can be "pleased" about something like that...

p.p.s. Late afternoon update: Don't you just love when baby wakes up without crying-- hearing the little cooing or strange squeaks? Baby was napping on the floor again (exercise day 2, kicked my rear...well, abs...but that's another story), and I knew he'd be waking up soon, so I laid down next to him.

He flailed his arms around a little, hitting me. I pretended to be asleep but was watching him through slightly open eyelids... he gradually woke up, noticed me, was a little confused, and then gave mommy ("sleeping" mommy) a huge grin. He was so happy to see me there and kept smiling and being adorable. Melted my heart. So there papa! Baby likes me too!

1 comment:

  1. Kari, "Baby" is getting quite the personality!
    He is adorable. The story on the other hand is quite awful. I wonder if we will ever get the truth. You all look very happy together, that is a great blessing.

    ReplyDelete