Friday, April 1, 2011

Twigs and Homebodies

IMG_0673

Simon is now army-crawling. As my mom says, the next year and a half or so is going to be crazy, especially since we live in a multilevel house (5 levels in the house itself--yikes! how many gates do we need?!).

Simon loves and is motivated by the prospect of getting wrappers and, as I discovered when we were relaxing outside today, he also has a fondness for leaves, twigs, grass, etc. Typical boy?

IMG_0693

Also, I tried to sell my sister in law and professional photographer, Heather, on this accessory for baby portraits.

IMG_0702 IMG_0699

I don't think she has fully envisioned the potential here. Come on people. They put feathers in hair, why not twigs? (You can pay me for my idea later, Heather).

IMG_0695 IMG_0696

Now I'm off to iron and watch a movie while awaiting my husband's triumphal return home from a mission reunion (his first attempt at going led him to a Kansas mission reunion rather than London South, we'll see how his second attempt went) and from picking up his brother from the airport. I stayed home to dutifully feed Simon and put him to bed (it's hard to go out at night when you have a breastfeeding baby who starts his bedtime routine around 7 p.m.).

Being a stay at home mom means...well... that you mostly stay at home. Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment