Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bads and Goods

Sometimes bad things happen, right? But sometimes the bad things happen in good (or "best possible") ways.

Take these two incidents, happening within 24 hours of each hour (AKA the last day):

1. Jamund stayed home from work yesterday because he wasn't feeling well (BAD). However, he suggested we go to Costco together (where I had planned to go the next morning with Simon) for dinner and shopping since he was bored/feeling better (GOOD).

We went in the Suzuki, and the battery light came and stayed on. I looked in the manual, which recommended taking it to the dealership (which we rejected—too far, too late, we don't really like the dealership). We figured it would be fine.

Well, the car starting dying on the freeway about 5-10 minutes from home (we wouldn't have been able to make it to the dealership had we tried). On the freeway! In pretty busy traffic! In the freezing cold! With construction! (BAD)

We managed to make it to an emergency pullout, and Jamund called Geico (our insurance). They got and said they'd take care of the tow truck (GOOD). After about an hour and assistance from a cop, the incident management (I think) truck (to push us further into the emergency pullout lane and farther from the freeway), Jamund's coworker Rob (who drove Simon and I while Jamund rode in the tow truck), we were safe and sound. (GOOD).

Simon peed through his clothes and I didn't have a backup (BAD) but we ate a Mountain West Burrito (GOOD) before Rob dropped us off at home.

We, of course, left the house keys on the keychain with the car at the mechanic (BAD), but our garage has a keypad code thing and we were able to make it in the house (GOOD).

Anyway, (BAD) for the car to break down (still awaiting the diagnosis) but SO GOOD that Jamund was there. What if it had been this morning, when Simon and I had planned to go? That would've been double bad.

2. (Disclaimer: not all the following happened in the last day): My wedding ring has this problem. The small black diamonds in the center (there are many in a circle, basically) like to fall out (BAD). Luckily, Zales replaces them (GOOD). While my ring is currently gone for repairs, I have been wearing this pearl ring that my mom and I got a long time ago.

Today while I was getting lunch ready/on the table, I heard something drop and looked under the table to find the pearl! Sure enough, I looked down at my hand and the pearl was not on the ring (BAD). Seriously, though? Really? My ring is gone because some stones fall out and now the same general thing happens to the "replacement" ring??

Luckily, it had this prong thing and I just stuck the pearl back on and it seems to be fine (GOOD). Also good that it happened at home where I was aware of it than out and about where I probably wouldn't have heard or noticed it immediately (GOOD).

Anyway, I'm thinking I may need a ring tattoo or something. Any ideas? ;)

1 comment:

  1. How about a simple diamond filled simple band ??

    ReplyDelete