Thursday, February 23, 2012

away from home

Simon is currently standing at our big bedroom window, probably looking for cars (and sometimes saying "choo choo" since you can hear the train from our house). Sometimes I think raising a toddler boy is like having a puppy.

The real subject of this post is that Jamund and I did something non-boring last night! We left Simon at home with our friend Angela (thanks Angela!) and went up to Salt Lake. Big deal! Seriously, though. It is. Usually we are home from our dates about 8-9 p.m., so staying out past 11 p.m. was epic.

We began the Salt Lake date with dinner at the Pie with my sister and her family (and lots of other people related to people but not directly to us). Kim is visiting from Virginia, and this is the second time on her trip that we have seen her (and eaten pizza). Oh, it was delicious. We got the cheese pull-apart (and shared most of it) and the veggie pizza with gyro meat added on top. Don't want to be too healthy. So good. I love the Pie.

Then we went to Kilby Court to see a band that Jamund has been wanting to see for a long, long time (the Jealous Sound).

IMG_1690

It was an interesting but good night because I used to go to Kilby Court quite a lot many years ago now, so it was silly remembering old times and seeing how Kilby really hasn't changed very much. Also, I ended up knowing two of the people in the Jealous Sound (Josh Staples, bass/background vocals, is also in the Velvet Teen and the New Trust and Michael, guitar, is in the New Trust). Josh is a dear and remembered me despite not having seen me for quite awhile—we chatted, and it made it all the nicer to see people I know playing up on stage (the two on the ends).

IMG_1689

All in all, they played a good, tight set. Baby in the belly didn't even seem to mind the loudness of it all. I think she was lulled into a deep sleep by all the pizza and cheesy goodness that had been ingested earlier. Good baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment