Wednesday, February 19, 2014

cookbooks.

I was preparing our slow cooker dinner just now and thought it might be nice (in case anyone cares) to compile a list of my best loved/used cookbooks.

A lot of the time I just search online for a specific type of recipe (and love allrecipes.com for this purpose), but there are a few tried and true and well loved cookbooks I use. Here they are (links may not be the exact edition I have):

1. Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book: the one I use is the 12th edition, and I love it. Classics.

2. Cooking Light: Complete Cookbook: another good, big cookbook and I feel like it is "healthy." Maybe it's the title.

3. The King Arthur Flour Baker's Companion: oh my awesome. I love the explanations/"here's why" nature of it, and the recipes are so good as well. 

4. Taste of Home: Slow Cooker cookbook. I just got this relatively recently, but I had a different slow cooker cookbook that did not have very tasty recipes... and this one does (so far!)... so it's a win! Especially on Sundays when church ends at 4 p.m.

5. Make the Bread, Buy the Butter: this is a great read as well as a good cookbook. Especially for biscuits. But we also like the chocolate cake, bagels, yogurt, etc.... I ought to use it more but I really do love and recommend it (except the chocolate chip cookies. I can't recommend those, sadly).


I have a lot more cookbooks than that, but for cookbooks that I would recommend actually purchasing (and if I had to get rid of all but five cookbooks), I would say these are my tops. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment